Dear Bamboo Birth Friends and Colleagues,
My apologies for such a long news absence. Some of you may know that I was quite ill this spring. For quite some time my ribs were cramping at births, I thought it was from the physical labor of providing labor support. In April I had bouts of severe abdominal pain; a visit to the ER lead to surgery and a six day hospital stay. By an incredible coincidence I did not have any clients for the months of April and May. Once returning home I remained homebound in April. May 1, I resumed office and meeting duties. I am very much looking forwards to attending births once again in June. Thank you to each of you who reached out with well wishes, support, nurturing food and drinks, visits and your healing practices. I can’t tell you how much your efforts touched me and carried me back to health.
Presently, I am obeying doctor orders with an activity restriction for one more week, listening to my body, and really learning from this experience.
Did you know that May is the International Month of the Doula? Can you help me spread the doula love? Share your positive experiences of working with a doula. Send a testimonial. The ultimate compliment is to recommend doula support to your patients, work and home communities.
CALENDAR OF LOCAL EVENTS
* Happy Mother’s Day. It is an honor to witness your women on their journeys into motherhood
*Meet the Doulas: Int’l Month of the Doula, May 15, 7-9PM, Panera Bread- back area, Sycamore Mall, Iowa City
* Birth Movement Workshop: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 1-3 PM, Sweet Feet Yoga Studio at Robinson Family Wellness, 221 E. College St, Suite 213, Iowa City
Taught by author and certified birth doula, Jun-Nicole Matsushita of Bamboo Birth Services
To register please visit www.BirthMovement.com
This workshop is designed for pregnant women and their birth partners, and professionals who work with pregnant and birthing women
“From the Womb to the Playroom to the Classroom with Jun Bug Fun”
Usborne Books& More
Children’s books at Usborne Books: www.UsborneJunBugFun.com
We have fantastic books for new siblings to be, toddlers through school age
• My mission to my clients is to help them experience birth as a positive life event in the hospital setting. I work to educate women about their birth options and choices so that they are able to make informed choices during the pregnancy, birth, and as parents. My mission to the community is to connect birth workers and to make the term “doula” a household name. What is a doula?
Referral challenge: do you know somebody who is pregnant and wants to experience a positive, safe, natural birth in the hospital environment? A good referral for me is a woman planning to give birth with little or no interventions in an Iowa City hospital, a woman who wants to learn labor coping skills such as guided imagery, hypnobirthing or active birthing, or a woman who is attempting a vaginal birth after a cesarean section (VBAC). You'll know it is a good time to refer to me when you hear one of these things: I want somebody with me during the entire birth. I want to be prepared to avoid interventions at the hospital so that I can make informed decisions. I want somebody there with us to support my partner, or I had a horrible birth last time and want somebody there to support me this time. When you hear any of these statements send them to my website at www.bamboobirth.com
Bamboo Birth Newsletter management
- Are you finished with books or CD’s from the Bamboo Birth library?
- BambooBirth is on Facebook and Twitter
- Gifts and gift certificates are available for birth slings, Birth Movement Book, eBook, Workshop; consultations, and of course doula support. Business cards are available to include in shower invitations.
We grow by "word-of-email" so you may absolutely forward this newsletter to anyone whom you think might benefit from it. When doing so, please forward it in its entirety, including our contact information. Thank you and enjoy!
Bamboo Birth Services
Certified Birth Doula
“empowering no-to-low intervention hospital births”
Bamboo Birth News is written by Jun-Nicole Matsushita. If you have any questions or comments, please send them to: email@example.com